Every time I hear a siren go by the house I go check sigalert. This time I heard about 8 in a row so it seemed rather important. Sigalert said that there is a fire at Malibu Creek State Park. I tried looking out the window from the frog room but really couldn't see much. So I went for a quick walk down to school to investigate. There appeared to be very little smoke overall which seemed good, but as I was walking the first helicopter arrived. Once I got to the top of the science building I could see the origin of the smoke but no flames. However, I also didn't see any white smoke at all. The smoke is all blowing toward Stunt (is that southwest?) so there is no smell of smoke here. I waited around for a bit and then decided to head back. The fire is still burning but it seems to be confined to a relatively small area. The helicopter made 3 trips to the water resevoir and I haven't heard him since. I'll check back in a little bit. As I walked back, there were a handful of neighbors standing out in the street or by the church puzzling over the smoke. Interestingly, as I walked past, many of them took that as their clue to start heading back into their homes too. I guess my prescense indicated that the show was over, although it isn't at all. So yes, there always has to be something exciting going on in this area.
Oh, and there are pictures posted too. For some reason they are appearing out of sequence in the window to the right.
No comments:
Post a Comment