Friday, July 15, 2011
Farming Away
Ok, I'm getting a little more settled into things here. I'm not noticing the smell of the linens in my room and my standards for cleanliness have dropped significantly so that is good. Lately we've been doing lots of harvesting because there is a farmer's market on Saturday. I learned how to harvest bananas, papayas, pineapples, ice cream fruit, bread fruit, and then got to harvest mulberries and oranges and Brazilian spinach. I also learned how to use the macadamia nut husker and and the first steps for sorting the nuts to be dried. I also did an experiment and discovered that if you don't feed chickens, they don't produce many eggs (oops.) Now I know their proper daily food patterns so the productivity is climbing again. There are actually 6 chicken tractors, each with about 9 chickens in them so there's quite a few hens around here. The roosters are in the wild running around and force me to have dreams that Prodigy has learned to cock-a-doodle-do. In the mean time, I've been doing quite a lot of weeding of the pineapple patch. I'll post the pictures when it is all done. It looks so much better. Anyway, Bonnie will be coming back shortly so I'm sure that I'll get to start learning all about everything here. Mosquito bites are fun. Anyway, here's the link to the photos for yesterday and today. Happy Carmageddon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment