
In other news, I got a call this afternoon from my principal. The 5 day transfer period is over and no one else wanted my job so I will indeed be returning to Santa Rosa to teach 6th grade in the fall. I'll get the official call from the District Office on Monday morning and will sign the paperwork when I return, but the job is mine now. I also will be hired as a probationary teacher as opposed to a temporary teacher, so I will begin to build seniority and last year does indeed count toward my total with the district. So yes, tis all very good and official news. Yay. Now I really can plan out what I will be teaching.
And... Happy 24th Birthday Veronica! While 24 may be semi-perfect, there is no denying that it is pure 100% gold. Also, Wikipedia told me that "The product of any four consecutive numbers is divisible by 24. This is because, among any four consecutive numbers, there must be two even numbers, one of which is a multiple of four, and there must be a multiple of three." Yotta have fun with that one!
Hallelujah! Life is looking good!
ReplyDeleteHawaii is my favorite island, I have a friend with a macnut/coffee farm outside of Kona. She started the Kona farmer's market, so I've been reading your blog with great interest. I haven't spent much time on the HIlo side other than sightseeing & walking in the rain. Somewhere on that side are some interesting snorkeling pools, I recall getting to them involved sneaking through private property or finding a well hidden path. The caldera hike at the Volcano is memorable but I believe it is closed at the moment. Great adventuring!
ReplyDelete